Supports the goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services by performing the functions of various areas including: cafeteria, sanitation, food production and some catering. Must be able to follow recipes as they are given.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Prepares all salad bars, fixings, dressings and cold sandwiches for patients’ orders, café retail spaces and catering.
- Sets up the salad bar and grab & go area for all café retail spaces.
- Prepares and delivers the daily cold food items needed for the of all retail café spaces and catering.
- Cuts and plates all desserts needed daily for patient orders and main café serving areas.
- Follows daily production sheet as specified by supervisor and maintain all foods rotation, labels and dates following standard procedures for food safety.
- Demonstrate ability to read and write and follow oral instructions.
- No experience required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.