Delivers and monitors nursing services for Pathways’ patients in accordance with the facility`s philosophy.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains a nursing history and identifies status, changes and physical, social and psychological needs of the patient, family and significant others. Contacts and consults with provider, providing nursing and bio-psychosocial history for admission orders. Develops treatment plan and discharge planning and/or coordination of home care needs.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of patient care by continually assessing the patient, modifying nursing care as needed, medicating per provider orders and documenting patient’s response to care.
- Develops a treatment plan that reflects the assessed needs, strengths, preferences and goals of the individual served. Re-evaluates and when necessary, revises the goals and objectives and completion of objectives.
- Discusses areas that differ from the usual standard of care with Provider, Nursing leadership and/or Clinical Director.
- Increases patient’s knowledge and acceptance through continuous teaching regarding procedures, medications, discharge instructions, etc. to the patient/family.
- Oversees quality and continuity of care for patients by accepting individual responsibility for compliance with unit protocols thus ensuring a safe treatment approach. Supports and practices the philosophy of the unit by treating each individual with respect.
- Maintains accountability for own nursing practice within ethical/legal framework.
- Admits new patients using information collected to determine appropriateness for admission and program placement based on ASAM criteria.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and families.
- Facilities weekly psychoeducational groups as assigned.
- Associate degree in nursing required. Bachelor degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum of two years current experience in acute care nursing.
- Knowledge of basic psychiatric intervention techniques, including Psychiatric medications.
- Experience in phlebotomy.
- Possesses an empathetic understanding of patients with co-occurring disorders.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Nurse
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.