Provides direct monitoring of patients to ensure safety via continuous observation using the AvaSys Telesitter System or directly in-person. Promotes patient safety in all aspects of job and upholds standards of privacy, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains patient safety and security while remaining alert, attentive, and distraction-free at all times; observes patient behavior and reports inappropriate and non-compliant behavior as necessary to the appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the AvaSys TeleSitter Solution software, including the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate observation to patients requiring telesitter monitoring.
- Maintains visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patients in-person or over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summons nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Accurately and consistently completes all required, time-sensitive documentation.
- Participates in report with on-coming staff when arriving for shift and upon completion of shift, utilizing standard handoff formats. Reviews pertinent information and behaviors with appropriate nursing staff as part of report.
- Provides patient with explanations as necessary but does not counsel or provide opinions. Maintains patient dignity and privacy, treating all patients in an age and culturally appropriate manner.
- Provides floor staff with information in a timely fashion when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues.
- Assures patient environment safety. Removes or coordinates removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to appropriate staff members.
- Demonstrates safe work practice and attitude, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
- Participates in regular training and education sessions for skill and competency development.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
Previous experience in a hospital environment preferred
Previous clinical experience preferred
Previous direct patient care experience preferred
Certification preferred (Nurse Assistant/Medical Assistant)
Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff
Basic computer proficiency
Knowledge of the Epic patient record
Efficiency in multitasking and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Based on the essential functions, HR will insert the type of work performed (e.g. light, medium, heavy, etc).
For the sentence in bold, please indicate if the position will or will not be exposed to blood borne-pathogens. There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.