Provides direct care to employees, volunteers and physicians as patients in a culturally, developmentally, and ethically appropriate manner.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies.
- Administers pre-employment, random, and for-cause drug screens by working with the HR team, supervisors, and employees, explaining and executing processes accurately.
- Administers health screens for all new employees by evaluating all information, administering proper immunizations, refers for additional screenings when necessary, contacts recruiters with final information. Performs annual or biannual health programs on all Health System employees and follows up on all non-compliant employees.
- Evaluates all laboratory and x-ray data with Employee Health Physician and educates employees concerning the results as needed.
- Provides educational material and counseling on current health issues and mandatory parts of the employee health program.
- Offers recommended but not mandatory immunizations to all employees and volunteers.
- Maintains employee health records and information in strict confidentiality.
- Administers the Worker’s Compensation program by providing first aid and managed care to all injured employees, keeps communication open with all parties and process bills in efficient manner.
- Compiles data adheres to regulations and policies of AAHS Infection Committee, OSHA and CDC.
- Maintains membership on the AAHS Infection Committee and shares pertinent information to all.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Certification in Occupational Health preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.