Performs echocardiographic procedures, using specialized equipment, to measure, calculate, and report pertinent patient data facilitating accurate diagnostic outcome.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts Echocardiograms as requested throughout the Medical Center, including all patient rooms and emergency room.
- Explains procedure to patients, providing instructions and direct care to ensure accuracy and patient comfort.
- Recognizes artifacts, eliminates probable sources and troubleshoots minor equipment problems.
- Consistently meets department standards for RVU’s while maintain quality work.
- Processes images acquired from different modalities according to establish policies and procedures.
- Performs data entry as it relates to procedures including charges pick lists, logbook, and schedule related functions to ensure corporate compliance
- Practices radiation safety and ensures that other staff and students are compliant.
- Obtains pertinent clinical data adequately as it relates to procedures performed.
- Analyzes, processes, and reports outcomes in a timely manner.
- Provides care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner.
- High School graduate or equivalent with specialized training in Echocardiography.
- Ability to perform, measure, and preliminary interpret echo studies.
- Registered Echo Sonographer (RCVT, RDCS) or registry eligible. Five (5) years’ experience in Echocardiography with a minimum of two years’ experience performing adult and pediatric echocardiograms, TEE’s, and stress echocardiograms may be considered in lieu of registration. Registration must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Registered Echo Sonographer (RCVT, RDCS) or registry eligible
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification or must obtain within 90-days from date of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.