Anne Arundel Medical Center
Title: Clinical Access Services Representative
Department: Patient Access and Support Services
Reports To: Director, Patient Access and Support Services
Cost Center/Job Code: 41000-50051-001460
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Clinical Access Services Representative will perform a variety of clinical and administrative support for clinicians with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
Performs a daily review of the provider schedules for the designated Anne Arundel Medical Group sites in order to identify procedures requiring insurance verification.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs Telephonic interviews, triages and prepares patients to facilitate a smooth patient flow.
- Accurate, complete, and timely data input within the bounds of record access and in compliance with processes and procedures governing the electronic health record. Accessing patient record information only as it directly pertains to the performance of work duties.
- Accurately obtains and processes patient demographic, insurance and medical information for registrations, admissions and financial purposes.
- Adheres to the compliance policies of the department and organization (i.e. timely arrivals, minimal absences, appropriate attire, readiness for work, adherence to the department working schedule, follows HCE policies regarding personal electronic devices, and other policies as outlined by the organization).
- Answers the phone courteously and professionally and as per department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls as appropriate.
- Independently prioritizes CCSR workflow (including, but not limited to, work queue management, patient clinical data input, coordination of tests/results, and other assigned tasks) to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
- Maintains knowledge of departmental issues and hospital-wide changes by attending appropriate meetings and in-services and by keeping abreast of all appropriate written and electronic materials provided to the employee.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of downtime and/or disaster procedures, and effectively demonstrates the ability to perform job functions during such conditions.
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic background.
10. Ability to work with their own autonomy to accomplish set goals.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent customer service skills required. Must demonstrate excellent professional and courteous interaction with patients, co-workers, referring physicians, and other health care professionals.
- Four –Five years of previous experience in a medical office setting in a Medical Assistant role.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Computer experience.
- CMA, RMA or AAMA (through an approved/accredited organization) Required
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification is required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.