Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through direct care of patients and collaboration with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner.
- Transports patients in accordance with established safety policies. Assists Radiology Technician/Nursing Staff in transferring and positioning patients from a bed or chair onto a transport stretcher/wheelchair to radiology table (if applicable) maintaining safety restraints, and direct patient observation on various shifts within a 24-hour period.
- Radiology Assistant Technician (only) participates in patient care data collection and unit-specific treatments as directed by the Radiology Technologist and in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Radiology Assistant Technician (only) obtain patient consents for Radiology based procedures with contrast as well as identifying patient Laboratory results on PCI to print for the Radiology Technologist.
- Radiology Assistant Technician (only) identify and label patient images on the PACS system. Process all images in preparation for the Radiology Technologist to archive.
- Radiology Assistant Technicians (only) are responsible for printing images on request from the PACS system to the Dry Star processor.
- Clinical nursing escorts/assistants deliver and maintain established nursing unit par levels for stretchers, wheelchairs, beds and E cylinder oxygen tanks.
- Educates and orients new staff; participates in team evaluation.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics training in all patient transport activities.
10. Participates in department’s Supervisor Training In Accident Reduction Techniques (START) activities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of general medical terminology. Must possess excellent communication skills.
- One (1) year of experience in the Health Care Industry preferred.
- Basic Health Care Information Systems knowledge.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.