Communicates with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and visitors in a professional manner providing excellent customer service as reflected in AAMC’s policies and practices.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Accurately obtains and processes patient demographic, insurance and medical information for registrations, admissions and financial purposes. CSR will be expected to maintain a 98% accuracy rate, in accordance with Best Practice Standards.
2. Processes preregistration information including patient follow up and insurance pre-authorization.
3. Answers the phone courteously and professionally and as per department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls as appropriate.
4. Independently prioritizes CSR workflow (including, but not limited to, work queue management/daily monitoring and corrections, patient registrations, insurance verification, and other assigned tasks) to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
5. Communicates financial responsibilities to patients, provides financial education and referral and collects funds accordingly.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of previous registration or insurance experience required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Typing minimum of 35 wpm.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills must be demonstrated.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills and web-based applications
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.