Coordinates and oversees daily activities between the Operating Room (OR) and Central Sterile Services Department (CSS) to facilitate efficient case flow.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides instrument maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs inventory replacement procedures.
- Makes recommendations for the maintenance of Physician preference cards.
- Assists the Operating Room staff in preparing the OR suite for surgery by assisting in instrument and equipment preparation.
- Communicates with the CSS staff prior to the cases to ascertain specific instrument and supply needs and ensures these items are available. Must be able to resolve issues or offer alternatives when necessary.
- Participates and assists in new CSS employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and quality assurance programs when needed.
- Responds to problem calls from Surgery and customers as required in an expeditious manner.
- Transports sterilized instrumentation to the service technicians in the OR area as needed.
- Assists in removing soiled or unsterile instrumentation and scopes from the OR area.
- Ensures quality of care by providing assistance and expertise in cleaning, maintaining and assisting in the repair of designated hospital instrumentation and equipment.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years working in an operating room or sterile processing environment.
Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) required at the time of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.