Supports the goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services Department by performing the functions of various areas including: cafeteria, sanitation, food production, diet office, catering, coffee shop, tray assembly, and tray passer.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves from the steam table and grill/deli lines for any meal.
- Performs duties of a float person in the cafeteria, including restocking and preparing for the next meal.
- Serves proper portions of food according to established guidelines.
- Follows cleaning schedule for assigned duties.
- Performs cashier duties, fills out settlement and deposit sheets correctly and gets all necessary items for the meal coupons.
- Unloads dirty trays, dishes/pans from carts and places them in the dish room.
- Properly pulls products as need. Labels and dates all necessary food items.
- Has a general knowledge of the products being served.
- Leaves workstation clean and sanitized.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills, includes acknowledging customers and attending to their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be available for weekend work.
- No experience required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.