To provide comprehensive medical care/services to patients in skilled nursing & rehabilitation facilities, as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manages admissions, rounding services, consultative services, and discharges of hospitalized patients across all assigned facilities.
- Provides exemplary care of the admitted patient including medical evaluation, treatment, diagnostics, referrals for subspecialty consultations, and discharge planning.
- Incorporates evidenced based practices in clinical decision making and provides high quality care as judged by medical peers.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care of the patient.
- Participates in rotational daily and night on-call services, for all skilled nursing & rehabilitation facilities.
- Facilitates communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff, and consultants.
- Supervises physician extenders, including physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of medical records, orders, and documentation to maintain compliance with facility, local/state/federal, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Required Minimum Education. The employee must be licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or a comparable adult medical specialty.
- The employee must also fulfill the requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine
- Maryland Medical License
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.