Under the direction of the Executive Director of Performance Improvement, this position is responsible for supporting the Lean transformation initiative by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices are incorporated in the processes under transformation. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to quality, profitability, productivity, inventory and downtime.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- To support the Executive Director of Performance Improvement and Steering Committee in implementing a vision that effects positive changes in patient care; includes: Implement tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision, execute long and short-term objectives to support the value streams goals, working with site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles assist in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the Lean initiatives.
- To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in patient care processes through the active support of and participation in Rapid Improvement Events; includes: Supporting event planning and performing necessary preparation, participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects, events and just do-its, participating in gemba walks and coaching employees, providing necessary training specific to Lean Transformation tools and methodology (under the guidance of the Executive Director of Performance Improvement), following up on action plans and assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
- To support the launch of all activities needed to incorporate Lean Transformation into the culture; includes: Assisting in identifying on-going training needs, supporting communication of the direction of Lean Transformation initiatives to all site employees.
- To track all changes/improvements made to provide Leadership/Management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting, includes: Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented, posting/updating results to the Mission Control Center boards, review new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with Director of Performance Improvement, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases.
- Other duties as identified by the Executive Director of Performance Improvement to further the Lean Transformation initiative.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline required.
- Experience working in a world-class Lean working environment highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic Lean concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques highly preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.