Responsible for all phases of Surgical Supply Chain Distribution activities including, inventory control, case cart preparation and supply distribution. Monitors and maintains surgical unit supply and patient equipment par levels to ensure that the evolving needs of staff and patients are met.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares daily case carts for surgical areas.
- Reports supplies and/or equipment outages to the appropriate coordinator for action; Processes supply returns to ensure accurate inventory levels; Processes requisitions for non-stock supplies.
- Checks sterilization expiration dates and rotates stock of med/surgical supplies on a regular basis. Removes outdated supplies according to established procedure.
- Performs periodic analysis of usage patterns and makes recommendations to appropriate personnel regarding standardization and usage.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned inventory locations and consignment supplies; Coordinates and communicates loaner equipment and technical support when necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Required License/Certifications: N/A
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.