The Manager of Financial Operations LHCE will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of general accounting for the Luminis Health Clinical Enterprise and the subsidiaries are in compliance with departmental policies and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Manages the activities of the general accounting staff to ensure accurate accounting and provides guidance to modify processes when necessary to improve internal controls. This position is responsible for the preparation of financial statements for LHCE and consolidating financial statements for AAHS. Preparation of information required for the audited financial statements for AAHS.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Responsible for the monthly general ledger closing and maintaining the general accounting system for LHCE to ensure accurate accounting. Includes account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries and analytic review.
- Prepares the monthly financial statements for LHCE and AAHS in a timely and efficient manner. Supervises the preparation of the monthly financial statements for the Subsidiaries. This includes reconciliation and analysis of all balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Analyzes accounting systems and procedures, making recommendations to the Director of Financial Operations for improvement of internal controls or processes when necessary. Documents accounting processes and procedures.
- Supervises the AAMC General Accounting staff; selects capable and talented people; builds a strong team with complementary strengths; orients and clarifies expectations; offers instruction and advice; provides opportunities to develop new skills, and provides support and feedback to enhance performance.
- Documents performance of subordinates; conducts performance reviews; develops goals and action plans; coaches and counsel’s subordinates to facilitate performance improvement or identify non-performers in accordance with personnel policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Eight years of related work experience, including monthly general ledger closings, consolidating financial statement preparations and process improvement initiatives.
- Four year of related work experience managing staff with an increasing level of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of computer software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.