Coordinates the required activities of a high volume multi-faceted plastic surgical center to ensure a smooth and efficient patient navigation process on a continuum.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides clinic office support including coverage for other office staff members.
- Establishes rapport with patients interested in learning about cosmetic procedures and follows up with potential patients to help develop new accounts. Answers and screens office calls, manages high call volume activities, greets patients in a professional and timely manner, and projects proper telephone etiquette.
- Provides patient education in regards to pre-surgical testing, insurance requirements, surgical pre- and post- operative instructions and overall program information.
- Conducts surgical scheduling with patient, OR, ASC and Surgeon, and maintains physicians clinic and operating room schedules.
- Arranges appointments for clinic visits for follow-op studies uses flexibility to handle changes, cancellations and rescheduling of clinics due to last minute changes.
- Coordinates the financial process to include, insurance submission/authorization, documentation of specific requirements packaged for submission to multiple insurers. Daily contact with third party payers for authorization, approvals, denials and appeals. Collects and maintains the required documentation of insurance/center requirements prior to the insurance submission.
- Provides continual patient contact by guiding the patient comfortably through the surgical process.
- Gathers and interprets data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- Exchanges information on factual matters, obtains pertinent clinical information from a variety of sources, explains medical center policies, and/or relays messages to appropriate personnel. Complies with the processes and procedures governing health records and understands when it is acceptable to release patients protected health information.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to patient requests. Maintains productivity without direction, prioritizing work assignments appropriately.
- At least 5 years of experience in a medical setting with experience preferably in a patient consultation or sales/account management role.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.