The HR Director will be located at Doctors Community Medical Center as part of our shared services Human Resources for Luminis Health.
Partners and consults with senior level business leadership on Human Resource related issues. Develops strong partnerships across HR, such as Human Capital planning and HR Centers of Excellence to deliver the appropriate execution of strategic, value added services to management and employees in alignment with organizational wide human capital plans. Provide professional human resources related advice to assigned business units in the areas of employee relations, policy interpretation, organizational structure/design and compensation to employees at all levels.
Essential Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Takes a highly consultative approach to partnering with business leadership/management. Serves as strategic business partner to recruit, develop and retain talent
- Develops and implements processes to asses and monitor culture change within assigned client groups.
- Drives and/or participates in business plans to address employee engagement and wellbeing
- Identifies talent gaps and development needs of the client groups, its managers, and staff in positions. Assists in implementing succession planning, human capital planning, career management, performance management and recruiting strategies.
- Utilize knowledge of HR data sources and strong computer skills to independently gather, prepare, and analyze data and information for various reports and summaries.
- Prepare and deliver effective communications that synthesize information, convey ideas, conclusions, and recommendations in written and orally presented formats to audiences at all levels.
- Facilitates various training and development offerings
- Reduces business risk by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements, and assists in responses to external charges, investigations, and legal challenges; consulting with Manager – Employee Relations and/or legal counsel as appropriate.
- Interprets policy and practice for management and employees; ensures that all employee relations decisions are consistent with AAHS Policy as well as relevant state and federal laws, practices, and guidelines.
- Executes human capital plan activities
- MA/MS Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is required.
- Ten years progressively responsible professional HR experience, in the area of Recruitment, Compensation and/or Employee Relations is required.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.