This position is responsible for providing analytical and process related support in the Performance Improvement department by analyzing metrics, observing and documenting process flows.
This role will work closely with customers to understand, define, and produce reporting requirements including prototypes. Once requirements are defined and approved, the position is responsible for analyzing data and developing analytic reporting to support performance improvement activities.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support departments as assigned with performance improvement ideas and metrics, gains a detailed understanding of the business operations driving analytics needs, and conduct analysis on metrics using appropriate software.
- Assists end users with the use of the Data Warehouse. Communicate appropriately with end users to understand their needs. Proceeds with appropriate actions that include requirements documentation, design and use.
- Performing Data Investigation and Extraction using advanced SQL through a variety of reporting tools, including raw SQL Queries, SQL Server Reporting Services and live reporting tools such as Crystal and QlikView. Develop SQL stored procedures, scripts and other administration utilities and install SQL Server upgrades and patches when necessary.
- Investigate complex table structures to identify data relationships and the location of required data, and validate accuracy of the results.
- Utilize Advanced Analytics and Technologies transforming raw data into information with appropriate business context and opportunities. This includes advanced ETL, data modeling, and planning for effective information delivery methods including ad-hoc, standard reports, dashboards, scorecards, and data visualizations. Monitor the receipt of data from various medical systems to a centralized data repository to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Enhance existing reports, build additional reports, and engage in data validation and error management practices. Learns to become proficient in developing reports and analytical tools using Epic Reporting Workbench, Radar, Qlik, Business Objects, and the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Collaborates with teammates to enable new insights using SQL and various healthcare analytics tools. Communicates effectively with users and teammates to gain consensus on proper timelines, project scope, and ensure desired outcomes are met. Works with users to ensure they are successful with the data we provide. Maintains positive professional relationships with customers.
- Documents work thoroughly and contribute to our culture of sustainable maintenance through adherence to standards.
- Applies Agile principles to daily work.
- Other duties as identified by the Director of Performance Improvement to further performance improvement projects.
Required Minimum Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
Required Minimum Experience: Familiar with SQL, Experience with Epic Clarity Preferred, Strong analytical and communication skills.
Required License / Certifications: None
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.