Provides workstation and desktop installation and support; server installation, maintenance and support; wireless installation and support; installation of all peripheral devices and support. Ensures proper data system back-ups, media management and security. Performs installation and configuration of all software applications; operating system and anti-virus updates; and applicable software installs. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, be able to triage a customers issue, getting to the root of the problem, document issue in Help Desk application, resolve or escalate to appropriate level of support, and follow up with customer to insure ticket closure and positive customer service experience.
There is expectation that employees in this position will be required to travel to multiple customer sites.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responds to calls from computer system end users requesting assistance and takes appropriate action; utilizing a variety of equipment.
- Provides desk-side assistance to users.
- Enters and tracks all trouble calls into problem tracking application, follows-up with users in a timely manner to ensure problem resolution and takes proactive measures to prevent recurrence.
- Configures, maintains, installs and replaces end user hardware and software as required using a variety of equipment. Performs repairs as necessary or arranges repairs through appropriate vendor.
- Consults with offices to determine hardware/software needs and advises of current options, obtains quotes and places orders for existing and new equipment with Manager and Director approval.
- Two years’ experience in help desk/user support environment working with the above-mentioned hardware/software components. One-year experience in an NT Local Area Network environment and VPN network.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.