To efficiently and effectively triage incoming calls and provide a variety of nursing treatment functions, including assessment of symptoms, prioritizing patient appointments, facilitating smooth patient flow and by providing assistance to both physician and clinical support staff within the office..
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains patient vital signs and prepares patients for examination by physician
- Review and update beneficiary’s medical and family history
- Develop personalized patient prevention plan
- Complete Assessments like Health Risk, Social Determinants of Health, Functional Assessments, and others as applicable.
- Review and update medication list, specialists, and applicable durable medical equipment
- Assist with prevention measure like health screenings and HEIDS measures
- Update lab, vaccinations, orders, and referrals as needed
- Develop health advice and referrals to health education or prevention counseling services or programs
- Communicates with patients regarding their medical questions, medication inquiries, etc. Handles follow-up/Post-Op calls to patients.
- Assists physician with in-office procedures as needed.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must complete accredited LPN program.
- Must adhere to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.