The Surgical Orthopedic APP will perform all required clinical duties, including patient evaluation and management in the orthopedic outpatient clinic setting as well as functioning as a first assist for orthopedic surgeries.
Currently looking for 2 APPs- to assist upper extremity and sport surgeons in clinical and OR setting.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Works collaboratively with clinical teams in managing orthopedic patients in the outpatient clinic, and operative environments.
- Performing comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnose and establish a working diagnosis
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including, but not limited to, joint and bursa aspirations, injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and bursas, as well as brace, splint, and cast applications. Order and collect appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies, as needed.
- Formulate a treatment plan for orthopedic problems within scope of practice. Implement therapeutic intervention when appropriate. Exercise judgement on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising surgeon or other health care professionals.
- Identifies assessment, diagnostic strategies, and therapeutic interventions within the plan that reflect current evidence, including data, research, literature and expert clinical knowledge; collaborates with physician on the plan as needed.
- Participates in the quality and patient satisfaction review process, incorporating feedback into improvement plans and associated quality forums. Uses quality data to enhance effectiveness of care delivery.
- Uses current health care research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, and enhance role performance and increase knowledge of professional issues
- Participates in group call duties, including night and weekend coverage.
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant School
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as Nurse Practitioner.
- Orthopedic and surgical experience preferred.
- Current License as a Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner with surgical experience or RNFA certification.
- Licensure in the State of Maryland required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.