Communicates with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and visitors in a professional manner providing excellent customer service as reflected in AAMC’s policies and practices.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Accurately obtains and processes patient demographic, insurance and medical information for registrations, admissions and financial purposes. CSR will be expected to maintain a 98% accuracy rate, in accordance with Best Practice Standards.
- Adheres to the compliance policies of the department and organization (i.e. timely arrivals, minimal absences, appropriate attire, readiness for work, adherence to the department working schedule, follows AAMC policies regarding personal electronic devices, and other policies as outlined by the organization).
- Answers the phone courteously and professionally and as per department guidelines, responds to inquiries, and refers all calls as appropriate.
- Independently prioritizes CSR workflow (including, but not limited to, work queue management, patient registrations, insurance verification, and other assigned tasks) to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
- Communicates financial responsibilities to patients and collects funds accordingly. Consistently registers patients face-to-face.
- Assists with the training and orientation of new staff.
- Maintains knowledge of departmental issues and hospital-wide changes by attending appropriate meetings and in-services and by keeping abreast of all appropriate written and electronic materials provided to the employee.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and corrections of the department work queue(s).
- Participates in team performance reviews.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of downtime and/or disaster procedures, and effectively demonstrates the ability to perform job functions during such conditions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Typing minimum of 20 wpm.
- Two years of previous registration or insurance experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Excellent communications skills must be demonstrated.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills and web-based applications
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.