The Vice President of Revenue Cycle leads overall strategy, optimization, implementation, and performance measurement and improvement of revenue cycle operations for the regulated hospital organizations of Luminis Health (including Anne Arundel Medical Center, Doctors Community Medical Center, Pathways, and McNew Mental Health Hospital).
VP, Revenue Cycle has oversight and responsibility for patient registration/financial clearance, payer contracting (for all Luminis Health organizations), reimbursement, patient financial services which currently includes insurance verification, financial counseling, and hospital revenue cycle billing, revenue collection functions and overall collection of patient service revenues across multiple organizational facilities and service lines.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Leads the operations team of the revenue cycle functions within Luminis Health.
- Ensures systems are in place to monitor accounts receivable and ensure strong cash flow. Ensures appropriate benchmarking and performance comparisons for revenue cycle metrics – and ensures consistently high performance by Luminis Health organization against those benchmarks.
- Ensures that the Luminis Health organizations are appropriately reimbursed for the services it provides by ensuring appropriate and effective: (1) correspondence, communications, negotiations and settlements with regulatory agencies regarding reimbursement matters; (2) establishment and implementation of procedures for reimbursement; (3) monitoring of the regulatory environment for changes that may affect reimbursement.
- Ensures that core revenue cycle systems and related financial processes are in place and are delivering highly satisfactory results to key operations customers across the organization.
- Leads the development and maintenance of a strong managed care strategy for the system. Strategically promotes a community based integrated health system. Ensures creative rate programs that integrate the needs of Luminis Health with consideration of the needs of physicians and insurers, with the goal of forging stronger ties and partnerships with these all constituents.
- Provides strategy guidance for any potential at-risk reimbursement models explored by the system.
- Ensures market and regulatory surveillance to stay abreast of the latest clinical, operational and financial developments related to revenue cycle operations.
- Provides strategic financial counsel and education to the CFO, Board and top management team as necessary for areas of responsibility.
- Leads and maintains an atmosphere of superb customer service and prompt responsiveness and support from revenue cycle team members to key Luminis Health customers.
10. Mentors, guides and provides professional development opportunities to key team members.
11. Works collaboratively across all business units of the organization and gain credibility from the system's other senior leadership as well as from peers and direct reports and their staff; become an integral part of Luminis Health senior leadership team. Establish a high level of professionalism; set a tone of leadership that creates a culture that is proactive, collaborative, people-oriented and customer-service driven. Maintain strong communications and relationships between finance and its constituents.
12. Establishes performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness of assigned job responsibilities and projects.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years of related healthcare work experience, with an increasing high level of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of computer software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light Work
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.