Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through direct care of patients and collaboration with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides direct care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner. Documents all care and treatment provided to patients.
- Performs point of care testing in accordance with AAMC policies and procedures.
- Transports patients in accordance with established safety policies.
- Performs veinpuncture and IV therapy, , performs routine dressing and skin care, EKG's, obtains blood, wound and throat cultures, inserts foley catheters, and documents all procedures and treatments according to departmental policy and procedures. Labels blood tubes/lab specimen correctly 100%.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and equipment as defined by the unit, department, or initiative.
- Minimum of one year of C.N.A. experience in acute care setting
- High School diploma or equivalent
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
- CNA as issued by MBON
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.