The Vice President, Quality, Patient Safety and Clinical Effectiveness, is responsible for the system-wide function of quality, patient safety, infection control, patient experience and accreditation services for Luminis Health. The VP works with the senior management team, as well as medical staff leaders and the quality committees of the board to set strategic priorities, assess operations to ensure compliance, and guide the implementation of improvements in the above stated functions.
The VP is accountable for leading the development, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of all activities in these functional areas to support Luminis Health’s strategic vision, growth initiatives and leadership principles.
Essential Job Duties:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves as the catalyst and executive leader for the implementation of quality, patient safety, infection control, patient experience and accreditation/regulatory services system-wide.
- Based on Luminis Health’s long-term vision & strategic plan, as well as the annual operating plan, and in collaboration with the board and executive leadership, sets the vision, direction and priorities for all functions mentioned above system-wide.
- Develops system-wide and entity specific programs, standards, service expectations and metrics to monitor progress and guide improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with management, medical leaders and staff, front-line staff and all stakeholders in program planning, implementation of strategic organizational goals, and achievement and sustainability of desired results.
- Develops and implements strategies and initiatives to ensure that Luminis Health remains in a constant state of readiness for regulatory activities. Serves as the system link to external regulatory bodies, as well as external quality and safety organizations.
- Responsible for the appropriate system level alignment of processes, infrastructure, and resources to efficiently and effectively enable high quality and service, as well as total cost of care.
- Responsible for daily business operations of the division including resource planning and acquisition, expense and budget management, etc.
- Mentors, coaches and evaluates the direct reports and quality, patient safety, infection control, patient experience and accreditation/regulatory teams
- Establishes relationships and interacts with key external stakeholders, including but not limited to Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC), Maryland Patient Safety Center, Maryland Hospital Association, national and local health care quality and patient safety organizations, and the community to foster partnerships to drive desired outcomes.
- Collaborates on the development of communication strategies to report process and outcome information to key internal and external audiences.
- Masters in health care administration or a related field
- Ten or more years of progressive healthcare experience, preferably in an integrated healthcare system.
- Proven experience and success with development and implementation of quality, patient safety, infection control, patient experience and accreditation/regulatory programs.
- Clinical background strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Requires exceptional combination of interpersonal expertise, clinical knowledge, innovation, leadership, management, business acumen, vision and tenacity.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.