Proficient and correct use of all facets of medical practice software to ensure the integrity of patient database information.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist physician with Neurosurgical research projects and administrative responsibilities as necessary such as making CME arrangements, organizing meetings, depositions and lectures.
- Performs daily business operations such as handling petty cash, processing charge entry, posting, preparation of bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Consistently verifies patient appointments, insurance's and surgical authorizations and photocopies and files patient identification and insurance cards.
- Answers and screens office calls and greets and schedules patient appointments in a timely manner.
- Consistently edits and mails various letters to patients including surgical posting notices and instructions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to demonstrate basic personal computer and keyboard skills (35 wpm).
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting. Medical records experience strongly preferred. Must have excellent verbal communication skills. Also, a pleasant telephone voice which conveys hope, enthusiasm, and support, and has the ability to listen intently to the caller, using a headset effectively.
- CPOE (if required to place orders)
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.