Performs screening and diagnostic mammographic procedures in accordance with established ACR and FDA safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Acquires mammographic images; verifies demographic and technical information in accordance with ACR guidelines, obtains required patient information regarding mammography history, checks technical quality of films.
- Completes procedures while maintaining quality of work within an established time frame.
- Constantly assesses patients' condition during biopsy procedure, administers first aid as required, assists physicians in performing the biopsy procedure, administers post-biopsy care and provides explanation of post-biopsy care to patient.
- Provides radiation protection to all patients in compliance with prescribed safety standards, attends required course in radiation safety.
- Performs necessary quality assurance testing on the Mammography equipment and maintains appropriate records as required.
- Confers with supervisor to recommend changes, report problems and provide feedback to improve patient care, technical quality, and clerical functions.
- Monitors supplies in assigned work area and notifies supervisor when shortages occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Universal Manager/Epic processes.
- Other duties as assigned: entering mammographic data, biopsy results, pending studies and mammography letters.
- Consistently demonstrates exceptional customer service as instructed in the ICARE service excellence framework.
- Successful completion of a two-year radiological technology program in AMA approved educational institution.
- Mammography registry required.
- Current Registry in specific Imaging Modality (ARRT or ARDMS)
- Licensed in the State of Maryland
- Maintains current license, CME's
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.