To provide total medical care/services to patients as related to their specialty. Services are provided in accordance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by the job descriptions of the State of Maryland, BPQA, AMA, HCFA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides patient education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates with other physicians about patient treatments/ therapy.
- Takes call for group on scheduled days and refers patients to appropriate specialists as necessary.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (Doctor degree).
- Completion of residency in specified field of specialty.
- Current state license to practice medicine, DEA, and CDS Board certificate in area of specialty.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.