Oversees operations of the Technicians on a day to day basis. Improves patient care and safety by promoting consistency within the department. Ensures compliance with current best practices, regulations, and policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees workload by setting work pace, coordinating work assignments based upon skill level or meet turn-around-time and productivity goals (includes downtime activity, meal breaks, shift transitions, schedules, huddles). Serves as a point of contact for customer inquiries. Performs Technician duties 80% of the time (more dependent upon scheduling requirements).
- Provides support to the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor by giving feedback in hiring process, a new hires training and assisting with completion of required new hire employee competencies. Participates in the orientation and training of pharmacy staff, acting as a coach and mentor, and serving as a role model.
- Assists in development and implementation of changes in departmental operations to improve performance within the pharmacy department working in conjunction with the Leadership Team. Assists in communicating policies, procedures and directives; assists team members with questions regarding procedures, policies and directives.
- Acts daily to identify staffing concerns and workload issues or policy questions and ensures that the appropriate staff is working on resolution or finding appropriate answers.
- Advises pharmacists coordinating shift coverage when there is a staffing changes and call outs.
- Responsible for monthly rounding; assists in yearly performance appraisals.
- Participates in setting and enforcing performance improvement plans.
- Manages shift to shift hand off and ensures the process is effective.
- Attends and actively participates in leadership team meetings as needed.
- Consults with Pharmacy Leaders to ensure proper flow of information and mentoring.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of Pharmacy experience in an inpatient hospital preferred.
- National Pharmacy Technician Board vCertification (PTCB or ExCPT) preferred
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Intern from the Maryland Board of Pharmacy; in good standing.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium Duty
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements