Monitors the operation of the Boiler Room during assigned shift in accordance with applicable codes and ordinances. This will be a Class 2 boiler operator in training for a Class 1 position.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance on all boiler and HVAC plant equipment, including maintaining order and cleanliness within the boiler room.
- Do basic PM’s as required for Pumps and systems.
- Checks water levels on all heating and cooling systems in use. Collects water samples from each system and conducts tests to determine proper chemical content. Do water testing and document results per standard operating procedures.
- Makes rounds of the boiler room and designated auxiliary machinery spaces to monitor equipment and operations. Performs required safety test on boilers on every shift, recording readings every two hours on critical plant equipment in service.
- Performs boiler 1 operator duties under supervision to meet training requirements for class 1 boiler operator license.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Must be familiar with basic mechanical tools
- Previous experience working in a similar Plant environment is preferred.
- Plant and boiler operation preferred.
- Valid Maryland driver's license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
- Requires a State of Maryland Class 4 boiler operator’s license
- Universal CFC Certification (EPA) preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.