Provides personal and asset protection for employees, patients and visitors in the Emergency Department, and assists with the administrative processing and monitoring of patients on emergency petition or with behavioral issues.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Maintains patient, visitor, staff and asset safety and security. Utilizes hazard surveillance rounds, CCTV, and audio monitoring per established standards while performing ED security rounds, checking all entrances and exits, bathrooms, and common areas at routine intervals.
- Observes patient behavior, reports as necessary to the appropriate staff. Remains in close proximity and/or maintains line of site as appropriate when assigned to patient attendant duties
- Sets limits on patient behavior under the direction of a registered nurse and/or mental health clinician and intervenes to decrease the inappropriate behavior by consistently enforcing all rules at all times. Controls telephone usage and assists with searches.
- Supports patient activities of daily living (ADLs) such as personal hygiene, nourishment, and ambulating. Assists with transports as needed.
- Maintains adequate levels of patient care supplies and equipment in the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.