This position will serve as the clinical resource for high risk/low volume treatments and interventions, be integral part of rapid response and code teams, provide coverage in urgent situations, involved with the transport of critical patients and provide education regarding patients with unfamiliar conditions, equipment or worsening conditions.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Rounds on each in-patient unit in the Hospital Pavilion to include Womens Surgical and Observation Units to assist all members of the treatment team in the identification and care of a patient who is clinically worsening.
- Participates in Bed Board daily for information sharing, visibility and access to Charge RNs.
- Provides clinical and/or equipment education as needed.
- Clinical Resource for high risk/ low volume treatments and interventions, initiation of drips, administration of TPA etc.
- Responds to all patient emergencies including Code Blue.
- Assist when staff is involved in lengthy procedures.
- Assist units in urgent situations requiring 1:1 patient care, short term, until adequate staff is available or situation has stabilized.
- Support families/visitors following critical events when possible.
- Assist with critical patients that require an RN for transport.
- Serves as a resource for IV access, STEMI team and respiratory therapy as needed.
- BSN Required.
- Masters in Nursing preferred
- 3 years RN Critical Care experience.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS
- ACLS certification preferred
- CCRN certification required within one year of hire.
- Adherence to credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.