Provides leadership to office assistants by: scheduling work; providing training to staff, including orientation of new staff, and cross training of staff; assisting leadership with feedback for staff performance evaluations; providing counseling to staff and recommending appropriate disciplinary action to leadership; and reviewing the work of staff.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Greets and accurately registers patients into the practice management system.
- Performs EPIC scanning and abstracting duties.
- Obtains patient records from various offices and hospitals as needed.
- Once patient records are obtained, scans information into patient charts.
- Faxes pathology reports and Op notes to referring and primary care physicians accordingly. Faxes patient records to specialists’ offices as needed.
- Answers and screens office calls, makes patient appointments, takes messages and redirects calls as appropriate.
- Schedules patient appointments to other specialists. Schedules patients for outside studies for vascular and other studies as needed.
- Communicates with insurance companies and other medical offices to obtain referrals and verifications of coverage.
- Handles end of day/close duties (deposits, secures money, bank bags, Patient Survey IPAD, and secures patient files/information).
- Coordinates office equipment maintenance.
- Two years of clerical experience in a medical office setting.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.