The Office Assistant II works in an ambulatory setting, performing an important variety of duties including: greeting, registering, scheduling, and checking out patients on a computerized practice management system. Responsibilities also include maintaining and safe-keeping of patient medical records and contributing to smooth patient flow within the office. The Office Assistant II provides stellar customer service in all patient interactions whether in fact to face meetings or by telephone. The Office Assistant works in a cooperative, friendly and results oriented manner with all other members of the practice staff and the Physician(s).
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains necessary authorization/referral to ensure insurance requirements are met and verifies the information is entered correctly into EPIC/Athena.
- Makes suggestions for improvement to front office operations.
- Participates in and contributes to the implementation of system improvements.
- Participates with training new office assistants.
- Coordinates patient appointments, facilitates financial issues, and clinical issues based on designated guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical insurance knowledge preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.