Demonstrates clinical expertise in the area of Emergency Nursing in order to engage with staff nurses, physicians and support personnel in clinical decision making, patient flow, and problem solving in the areas of triage, minor care, and IMC
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical Supervisor and Charge Nurse to coordinate the evolving needs of the area.
- Rounds with staff, patients and families regularly in triage, Minor Care & IMC in order to address needs and concerns in timely manner.
- Works and assumes leadership responsibilities along with department leadership regarding best clinical practice concepts for department in conjunction with standards; participates in team member performance evaluations.
- Supports new processes, policies, department/organization initiatives and maintains up to date knowledge of initiatives through active participation in meetings, as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Adherence to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
At least one year of Emergency Department experience required.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- CPR – American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.