Provides strategic support and analytical insight on nursing clinical initiatives, committees and forums.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates data collection, analysis, and reporting to facilitate measurement of effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes related to quality of nursing practice.
- Compiles monthly nursing unit-based quality dashboards.
- Enters nursing quality variables into the NDNQI database for quarterly benchmarking.
- Distributes quarterly NDNQI results to unit and council leadership; facilitates understanding of data by fielding questions and attending Nursing unit and service line council meetings as needed.
- Coordinates between Nursing Quality Department and Information Systems to assure that current and future clinical informatics systems support nursing quality outcomes and nursing research needs.
- Consults with nurses and analysts on data retrieval from clinical documentation system to facilitate nursing quality and research.
- Works in coordination with nursing departments to support and maintain Magnet status.
- Supports evidence based practice by assisting nursing staff in the development of evidenced based quality improvement projects by providing data input and basic analytic support for unit-based projects.
- Assists the Director of Nursing Quality and Research by providing data input and basic analytics for research studies.
- Acts as a liaison between Nursing Quality and Information Systems to develop reports required to support data collection and measurement for nursing quality improvement and nursing research studies.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing or other relatable field
- Master degree preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.