Functions as the receptionist for the Front Desk, greets patients, and answers incoming calls. Checks in the patients and makes sure appropriate forms are completed, signed appropriately and scanned as needed. Completes EPIC registration, prior to patients being admitted.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Covers the front desk and provides coverage for back desk as needed. Greets and directs visitors, answers telephone and forwards call to appropriate staff for handling and tags luggage.
- Completes EPIC registration, demonstrating knowledge of fully registering patients in the inpatient and outpatient programs. .
- Performs EVS verifications
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Codes and files charges for assessments.
- Provides coverage for benefits verification as needed.
- Schedules appropriate appointments in a timely manner
- Obtains, analyzes, sorts and maintains statistical data for CPI/QI reports.
- Interacts with clinical/medical staff as needed regarding patients in the waiting area. .
- Consults with supervisor relative to patient concerns or complaints and recommends solutions.
- High School diploma.
- Ability to work day and early evening hours.
- A focused individual with experience in attention to detail is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel preferred, and data entry.
- Previous job responsibilities that demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Business casual attire to enhance initial customer perception of Pathways
- Preferred: Medical Terminology.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.