Provides secretarial support for the Director and staff in the Research Institute department.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Organizes, coordinates, and schedules appointments and meetings with medical center personnel, members of the medical staff, other healthcare professionals, outside consultants, sales representatives, and other business professionals.
- Provides administrative assistance and manages all office functions including retention of all documents, supply inventory, billing and invoices.
- Analyzes, sorts, composes, and maintains statistical information for preparation of reports. Communicates as appropriate with various departments to compile data for reports.
- Coordinates all correspondence for the office, including processing incoming mail and responding to routine correspondence according to established procedures; screens visitors and telephone calls; provides assistance with routine requests and inquiries, and refers as appropriate.
- Prepares, assembles, reviews, and assures distribution of information appropriately and as required for the preparation and follow-up of meetings or forums. Attends and records, transcribes and distributes minutes for meetings and conferences as required.
- Ensures that assignments, projects and other requirements are accurate and complete within designated timeframes; updates leader’s appointment calendar on a daily basis.
- Researches information to address issues and prepares update/response for Vice President. Maintains productivity without direction, prioritizing work assignments appropriately.
- Makes travel, meeting, and conference arrangements according to medical center policies and procedures. Prepares travel itineraries and coordinates communication to appropriate agencies and individuals.
- Coordinates all arrangements for large scale meetings (20 to 200 people) at Anne Arundel Health System, which includes: room request, catering, audiovisual, billing, supplies, handouts, production of visual aids, confirm speaker(s) and travel arrangements and accommodations, advertising, registration, compilation of evaluation forms and reporting.
- Provides coverage for other administrative secretaries as assigned. Ensures that cross training is current to provide adequate support.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; minimum of two years’ current secretarial office experience.
- 70 wpm typing, spelling, and grammar skills required. Dictation skills, and shorthand or speedwriting, must be demonstrated.
- Computer literacy required.
- Word processing skills must be demonstrated. LOTUS, EXCEL or Quattro Pro experience required.
- Experience with presentation software preferred (PowerPoint or Harvard Graphics).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Must have ability to work independently and under pressure.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.