To provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders and health maintenance to psychiatric patients. This includes the assessment, diagnosis, and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders. The clinician works collaboratively with others on site medical and mental health providers as well as with community agencies and other primary care providers.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work collaboratively with a physician and/or mental health provider of record to provide comprehensive mental health/art therapy services to patients.
- Assist in developing and implementing individualized treatment plans goals based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrate proficiency in therapeutic assessing, interpreting evaluations & test results, and determining the best therapeutic modality,
- Design art therapy sessions or groups to meet clients goals or objectives.
- Facilitate individual and/or groups in the use of art media, such as paint, clay, or yarn.
- Adhere to standards via identified text and/or via office practice standards protocols.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Document care provided; meeting standards for chart reviews.
10. Prioritizes patients concerns; delegates those that are appropriate and verifies completion of tasks.
- . Five (5) years of related clinical counseling experience.
Licensed Clinical Professional Therapist (LCPAT) from the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.