Anne Arundel Medical Center, a Magnet® hospital and part of the newly formed Luminis Health, is seeking an transformational and innovative nursing leader for the Intensive Care/Intermediate Care Unit. These are exciting times at AAMC as we also embark upon cardiac surgery scheduled to start in late Spring of 2020.
Within the shared governance model, this individual is responsible for comprehensive function and outcomes of defined clinical areas to include compliance with regulations, human resource issues, fiscal accountability, patient satisfaction and service excellence. Participates in the planning and development of programs. Serves as a collaborative partner with the medical staff, the community and the organization at large.
- Directs overall operational functions for assigned areas.
- Sets priorities for data collection for identified performance improvement programs which are related to organization’s goals and priorities.
- Projects volumes, needs, and clinical services on an annual basis justifying variances and initiating corrective actions to adjust variances accordingly.
- Directs the ongoing activities of personnel related to skills competency targets and adherence to staffing policies to assure efficiency of resources.
- Functions as an expert in the management of patient care in the clinical area.
- Facilitates and participates in ongoing teams designed to plan, communicate, implement, and evaluate optimal patient care delivery systems.
- Ensures that effective ongoing communications and information sharing occurs at the inter/intra departmental levels.
- Develops annual staff development goals for assigned area and performs routine staff appraisal to address professional growth per hospital
Required Minimum Experience:
- Five years of relevant clinical experience plus three years of management experience.
- Minimum education requirement for nursing degree is bachelor of science
- Masters degree in nursing or related field required
- Registered Nursing License from Maryland Board of Nursing
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Professional nursing or leadership certification preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.