Delivers and monitors nursing services for patients at the psychiatric day treatment hospital in accordance with the facility’s philosophy.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains a nursing history and identifies status, changes and physical, social and psychological needs of the patient, family and significant others.
- Contacts and consults with physician, providing nursing and bio-psychosocial history for admission orders. Contributes nursing components of the treatment plan and discharge planning and/or coordination of home care needs.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of patient care by continually assessing the patient, modifying nursing care as needed, medicating per physician orders and documenting patient’s response to care.
- Contributes to a treatment plan that reflects the assessed needs, strengths, preferences and goals of the individual served. Re-evaluates and when necessary, revises the goals and objectives and completion of objectives.
- Discusses areas that differ from the usual standard of care with psychiatric staff and/or Clinical Director.
- Increases patient’s knowledge and acceptance through continuous teaching regarding procedures, medications, discharge instructions, etc., to the patient and their family.
- Oversees quality and continuity of care for patients by accepting individual responsibility for compliance with program rules, thus ensuring a unified treatment approach. Supports and practices the philosophy of the program by treating each individual with respect. Assures that daily routine nursing duties are performed.
- Maintains accountability for own nursing practice within ethical/legal framework.
- Admits new patients using information collected to determine appropriateness for admission and program placement based on established admission criteria.
- Prioritizes patient concerns; delegates those that are appropriate and verifies completion of tasks.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Two years of acute care nursing experience, BH experience preferable.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Nurse
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands: Medium
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.