Provides day-to-day operational management to the private physician office.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Plans, schedules, and supervises the activities of staff to ensure adequate coverage in all areas.
- Oversees the employee hiring process including position review, posting, interviewing and selection.
- Conducts employee and team performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis including formal performance review process. Implement disciplinary action as needed.
- Trains staff and monitors registration process in all areas. Corrects errors and holds staff accountable.
- Ensures staff is knowledgeable and follows all policies and procedures and assesses competency as prescribed by regulatory agencies and departmental leadership.
- Meets at regular intervals with staff to implement office and personnel performance improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development of an annual operating budget for each assigned practice.
- Meets regularly with the physicians and director to discuss operational issues.
- Monitors purchases and process paperwork in a timely manner to submit invoices for payment.
- Contact spokesperson for designated site and maintains appropriate documents and licenses required to assure compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Three years of experience working in physician office.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.