Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through collaboration with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintain adequate levels of supplies and equipment as defined by the unit, department, or initiative. Perform inventory on supply carts and ensure adequate level of supplies. Adjust par levels according to unit/patient need. Apply cost containment principles with efficient procurement and utilization of supplies.
2. Prepare procedure room with supplies, scopes, and equipment making sure to perform safety checks for verifying proper equipment and scope functioning. Provide support with supplies, instrumentation, and scopes to the nursing and physician team during procedures.
3. Handles and labels specimens according to hospital and unit policy and procedures.
4. Re-processes endoscopes through cleaning, disinfecting, and calibrating according to manufacturers recommendations and facility standards. Follow all infection prevention standards for cleaning and testing of scopes.
5. Interacts with patients and families to ensure a positive patient experience. Transport patients, as necessary, within the facility according to policy and procedure.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of similar experience preferred.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.