The objective of this position is to assemble, and sterilize all instruments, instrument trays, utensils and linen packs. Perform distribution functions as it relates to case carts and sterile instrumentation.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs decontamination functions of removal of gross debris, inspection of lumens, processing of laparoscopic equipment/ instruments and loading of appropriate instruments and equipment per manufacturers’ recommendations and departmental and regulatory standards with efficiency
- Operates sterilizers and washers efficiently, loads, and unloads sterilizer carts. Performs the quality assurance tasks necessary for daily operation of sterilization equipment.
- Runs the daily OR schedules to anticipate needs and completion of case carts for supplies and instruments. Communicates any missing picklist items that are not available for 100% case cart completion to the charge person/supervisor for proper follow up.
- Processes all issues and credits from requisitions/requests from other departments timely and effectively for proper inventory management of supplies. Uses established guidelines for recording and proper processing and checking of loaner equipment.
- Performs scheduled and cyclic physical inventory of supplies and instruments within the department.
Required Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of course in sterile processing within six months
Required Minimum Experience: 6 months minimum working in a sterile processing or operating room environment.
Required License / Certifications: Provisional/ full CRCST Certification or the ability to achieve CRCST Certification within three months of hire
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.